Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

T-minus 10 days until stupidity ensues in Chicago. We're not very much into debuachery as a group, but we are very much into the stupid.

Also, I'm a little excited about getting to drive there. It was cheaper than flying, and I don't remember the last time I actually took what would be considered a road trip. Probably when I was 20 and my then girlfriend and I drove my bitchin' Ford Ranger down to Six Flags just north of Chicago. On the way back we were planning on camping near Wisconsin Dells, but ended up having to hit up a classy Super 8 on the outskirts of town due to rain, where the lady grilled me about who I was with, and if everybody was over 18.

I was all like, yes, lady, here's my Discover card to prove that I am very much a grown up, god damn it. I'm an adult. Get off my back! I'm outta heeeere.

Anyhow, this time through it sounds like the numbers are a little pared down. What the fuck? Iggy is playing in a shitty Las Vegas poker tournament, F-Train will be watching him play in said shitty Las Vegas poker tournament, Daddy has family business to attend to, and Garth? Nobody knows where Garth is hiding out. Who's left from last year's attendees? Who will donate to me in the late night poker game?

Oh, right, Bob and Grubby. Nevermind. Color me tickled pink.

************************
I had planned on brewing two 5 gallon batches of IPA last weekend, but as it turns out, I'm an idiot and didn't think to check the burners on Molly's stove to find out if they would actually boil the beer. They won't, of course, which results in having to shell out even more money on brewing equipment. In this case it means a new 7.5 gallon pot and a propane burner for brewing outside. Let's not talk about not having anywhere outside to brew, or that when I'm finished boiling, I'll have to bring a scorched pot of liquid hot mag-ma up three flights of stairs in order to cool it.

What are the odds that at least one of my legs has a nasty wort burn by next weekend?

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

For the record, I'm playing Aussie Rules Football against New York City (that's right, the entire city). Unfortunately the geniuses who scheduled the match didn't factor in the Summit. Bastards.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

At least one or two stops for roadside strip clubs will be made.

For comedy factor if anything.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger My final out said...

I just read your previous entry. Your company took you to Texa-tonka? That place is a dump. They could have at least taken you to Park tavern. At least they have decent food. Nice job on the win though.

-Grouse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home