Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Holy crap, is he really posting two times in one week?

Yes. Yes I is.

This past week I've come down with a case of Sandy Vagina Syndrome, better known as SandyVag. You know the routine; blah blah blah, I suck at poker, why me, all-in, I lose and suck at the same time, blahhbitty blah blah balls. Long term this, that's poker that, how did that guy beat me in a hand when he wasn't even dealt cards? I don't think that's even legal.

Granted, I don't think I'm the best poker player in the world, nor do I think I'm the worst. Lately I've been feeling like the worst, though. I understand, as Felicia once said, that I don't "get it". That I don't hold that innate card sense that will allow me to rise through the poker ranks, all the way to upper echelon of $6-$12 hold 'em, or $2-$4NL. At least I can fuck like a champ, though. Without that, I'd be feeling like quite a waste of flesh. Still, I think I have the ability to win more than I lose, even with the gaping holes in my weak-tight game.

This week I decided, for the first time in a long time, to go through my PT database to see what the fuck I was doing wrong. I also printed out 51,000 hand histories to bring to the Gentile Summit in July to get some input. I expect notes, people. Schematics, too. But, until then, maybe someone can help me. I've had my eye on one column in the position stats that's more than a little disconcerting--BB won/hand. I'm good with the button--hell, even that retarded monkey that drinks his own pee can play from the button--and positions 1-6. But, from the SB and BB, there's a teensy, tiny red number (.21 in the BB, .11 in the SB) that could almost go unnoticed.

But, when you add it up, it comes to a large amount of money, relatively, that I'm just giving away. I might as hand people I play my blinds. Here you go, troglodyte, you Ypsilantian asshole, have a quarter-you raised, and I'm not going to defend. Ever. Perhaps the next hand I'll even give you my dime. Because I don't know how to play the blinds, obviously.

I'm a losing blind player, wooohooo!

There, I said. Question, though; when you, dear readers(I say like I've had any readers here in the past 8 months) look at the column in your pokertracker database, what does it say? Mine looks like such a small number, but it's probably 90x the national average for all I know. I'd rather shoot myself in the nuts with a longbow than go to 2+2 for advice, so can anyone tell me what you'd do to shore this hole in the dike?

 

Haha, I said hole.

4 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger F-Train said...

Everyone loses money from the blinds. Good players lose less money from the blinds than bad players do.

Losing .21 BB/100 from the big blind isn't terrible at all, considering you post .5 BB every time just to play, whether your cards are great or not.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

That's it, I'm no longer posting either blind!

Hmmm...now I'm confused. PT lists it as BB/hand(played in that position, I'm guessing), not BB/100 hands. Poker is dumm.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I suggest saving this for Gentile Summit and discussing the database with fellow poker luminaries over chai tea and bon-bons.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger F-Train said...

Oh, I confused myself a bit then about the BB issue, but again, if you're only losing (.21) BB/hand, and you're posting(.5) BB/hand just to get cards, then you're doing something right, because if you folded every time, that stat would be (.5) BB/hand

 

Post a Comment

<< Home