Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Since I'm moving to a smaller place--a place that doesn't require a 32" tv for normal viewing and an additional 27" number should I happen to saunter to the kitchen between downs--I decided to get rid of my smaller tv.

To Craigslist!

I put the ad up at 9:30am today, and so far I've had 5 responses. Jee-sus. Now if only I could get rid of my homemade poker table, I'd be set.

Hey, do you know anybody that wants a poker table, cheap? Something tells me that late night poker parties in an apartment complex wouldn't go over that well with the management. Crazy I am.

Now we're up to 6. Most of the replies would like to pick the tv up tonight, but I have to go to a wedding at 6pm. Yes, on a Friday. Yay for relationships, huh?

I clearly did not think this all the way through, as I don't have the time today to let people come look at my tv. I should've waited until tomorrow to post. So, I think I'll let the replies pile up in my inbox before responding to anyone; let them sweat it out a little bit before resonding to the person whose name looks like coolest. I like playing God

7

It looks like he may be lucky number 7, too, because he's not working today and has a truck so that he can move it.

Now we're up to 8, and that's exactly three seconds after I received number #7. Christ.

Are people really this hard up for television sets? Is there some sort of underground market for Daewoo craftmanship of which I am blissfully unaware? Crazy stuff. I had to go back to my ad to make sure I listed it as "27" TV", and not "27" TV +a side of crack cocaine!".

You know what else is fun? Plugging a respondent's email address into the search function of Myspace. It's like being able to choose a home for my baby based on how a person looks. Works for me. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't look I have any potential buyers that are in the 13-17 year old demographic.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

do you ship to Chicago?

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

If I shipped to Chicago, I'd tape myself in a box and be there overnight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home