Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Hi!

It's Friday, I haven't had a drink yet(it's 7&7s in the me household tonight), and the 9th "best" art fair in the country, according to people that have nothing better to do than judge fucking art fairs for a living, is one block from my house right now. What does that mean?

Well, it means that there's even less parking in the area, but I've learned to park my car Thursday morning and not move it until Sunday evening. It's a good thing I have absolutely no life. This weekend is the very definition of clusterfuck. It also means that the 'hood is chock full of old people, slow walkers and giant, double-wide strollers.

This all adds up to one crabby Chad. That's not all that's contributing to my mood, though. The following is a list of my irks, as of 7:05pm, CST on Friday August 4th.

**Magazine inserts--I was sitting on the shitter the other day, reading the new Men's Journal, when my lap was dive-bombed by 21 3x5 cards advertising the exact same magazine that I was holding; the exact same magazine that I have a two year subscription to. Are these really necessary?

To make matters worse, one of the cards fell in the toilet. That caused quite the conundrum, because I didn't want to stick my hand in there, and I knew there was no way in hell that it was going to flush in it's present state.

So, I walked away and let my roommates deal with it.

**Min-raises on a .25c NL table. 'nough said.

**Min-bets into a kajillion dollar pot not intended to be blocker bets.

**People calling me when I raise. Always fucking calling me. How frustrating.

**That my girfriend is going to the Butch Walker show tonight. I told her to pick me up one of those shirts saying; "My girfriend got backstage at the Butch Walker show, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt. And herpes. And The Clap. And..."

She did not find it quite as funny as I did.

**That I suck at poker.

Time for drink #1.

Aaaaand, I'm back.


**Party software--I don't care how soft the games are; the interface still sucks, the cashier is slow when you just from one table to the next, causing, for me at least, to have funds in limbo when I want to immediately jump to a new table(I have less than $100 on the site), and, well, I don't need another reason. I wouldn't be playing there if PartyGaming hadn't given me $25 to dick around with.

I love Party Poker!

**Box Elder bugs--From what my google search told me, box elder bug populations grow in drought conditions. Last week we had our first significant rain in a little over a month, and those little red fuckers are all over the south side of our apartment. I should consider myself lucky that the floor our rooms are on is well-sealed, otherwise they'd be crawling over me while sleeping, and I can't have that. Bitches would be cut.

Ok, this might turn into an almost live blogging session. I need to post something before everybody takes me off their blogroll.

4 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

are box elder bugs those things that look like lady bugs kinda? icky.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Box Elder bugs HATE soapy water.

Just a little around the edges of your place should do the trick.

Your Welcome,

Martha Stewart

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

I'm pretty sure there's no soap at Chad's place, drizz.

Zing!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Take those 3x5 and drop them in the mail box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home