Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

If you ever hear me whining about my lack of a bankroll, the first thing you need to do is punch me in the throat, and then say the two magic words: "Doyle's Room".

I was shifting my miniscule funds around online via Neteller just a few minutes ago, when looked at the history tab. It reinforced two things;

1)I am terrible at bankroll managment. Horrendous, horrific, totally incomprehensible. When I lament about not being able to take a shot at higher levels, it's nobody's fault but my own. Had I not made bit-by-bit withdrawals over the last year and a half, I would have a bankroll. Simple as that.

2)I made a decent amound of change at Doyle's Room. Holy crap, it's so easy for me to forget how many withdrawals I made over the last year and a half. Unreal.

Why did I ever leave that site in the first place? I think it has something to do with being an idiot, but someone much smarter than I would have to make that judgement call. I fear now that the games aren't quite so soft due to hand histories and Poker Tracker capability.

Then again, how many of you, dear readers, were sick of all the Doyle's Room this, and Doyle's Room that posts around this time last year? You don't even have to answer.

*********

I finished my 2nd PSO promotion early yesterday evening, and it ended before hurling my computer out onto Lake St. I signed up for the Nevada Jack/Desert Sands chip upgrade through BoDog, so I should be hearing from the chip company in the next few days.

It's funny, though, of how quickly my impressions of the site changed in the matter of one day. I made an initial deposit of $100 and by the end of the night on Monday, had run it up to $250. Bodog is good. Bodog is awesome. I'm going to dream about you, Calvin Ayres.

I went home sick from work yesterday and decided to grind out the bonus, only this time it was completely different.

Bodog can go to hell. Bodog can eat shit and die. Calvin Ayres, you're a DevilMonkey. By the time I hit my required 200 Bodog points, my bankroll was sitting at $89, and I never even got stacked once! I've never been so brutally beaten by as many short stacks in my life, as I was yesterday afternoon. Topping off to the max buy-in every 10-15 hands tends to add up.

I can't complain, though; $111($100 for the 200 chip upgrage, no shipping charge) for a decent chip set that should arrive sometime before my birthday. Remind me to tell you about that at the bottom of the post.

**********

PSO came at a very good time for my poker game. Apathetic tilt is a foe, not friend. Everybody has their own reasons for playing, whether that be to make money, feed their competitive nature, or possibly become good enough to look into the game as a job.

[see: a million other posts, by much better writers]

Are you back yet? Good.

Me, I've spent the last 6 months or so with no purpose in playing the game. I haven't been looking to make money, though it would be nice. I haven't felt tested by playing at all, but that might have to with how I've been playing for such inconsequential stakes, than anything else. And, as "cool" as it sounds to become a professional poker player, there's the other, smarter part of me that thinks; Why would you ever want to do that to yourself, Stupid?

PSO has given me goals in this silly card game, if only for a bit. And that's fine. It breaks up the monotony of grinding out smalls wins, which is something that I need. And hey, if I'm lucky, I might get something more out of this than a huge distaste for millionaire entrepreneurs and their shitty online gamblings sites.

As much as it pains me to say this, I honestly like playing at Titan. And yes, that's taking into account that the site name is better suited for a line of plus-sized condoms than an online poker room.

************

Minnesota people, activate!

In the shape of...an out-of-shape poker player!

In the form of...does 'goo' have a form?

If you can't read between the lines--and if you can, please stop. It's creeping me out--I'll just tell you that I'm turning 31 in 9 days. May 12th for those live by the creedo "math is hard".

Now, now, before you all go out of your way to transfer brithday money to my Party or Titan account, all I have to say is "don't." But if you really must, I go by "DanielRusso" on both sites.

Seriously, though, 31 is not that big of a deal. But what is a big deal is how I'd like to celebrate it. If you're from Minnesota--and I know a few of you are--I'd like to celebrate my birthday by playing a wee bit of poker, either on the night of May 12th or the afternoon/evening of the 13th. I am already planning on having a party at my apartment in Yuptown, but there's no reason we can't do both.

So, if you live in the Minneapolis metro area, and aren't a huge douchebag(there will be a quiz at the door to gauge the level of your douchbaggery), and want to play some low limt poker with ME ON MY BIRTHDAY, let me know.

Drizz, find a way down from Maple Grove! Start walking now if you have to.

***********

You were supposed to remind me to talk about my birthday. Some help you folks are.





5 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Intriguing. The wife and kids are gone that weekend, I've got lots of beer, I'm not a douchebag...

I just may get in on that action, yo.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am a driver license-less douchebag.

If there's a ride, I would love to adventure into the inner-city and flash some gang signs.

We'll work out the logistics of me getting there this week.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

1) Titan/Noble is the best room around. Soft as butter action. Simple to use software. I don't know why people don't love it more.

2) Power Rings, Activated! Take the form of, a Toaster! Nice Superfriends reference. I can't get enough of that stuff.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Form of HUGE JUNK!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger James said...

Cool, I'm up for poker this weekend. And though Maple Grove is not exactly en route (I'm in Seward, just south of the U), I'm up for giving Drizz a ride (preferably either to or from if there is another volunteer?). Lemme know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home