Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Can we all have a moment of silence for our fallen brother, Bobby "Always min-raise your aces/You look like you could use an autograph" Bracelet? Thanks.

Ok, where do I begin? Fuck if I know. It's not like I run this blog.

Oh, I do? Shit, I better come up with something quick-like. I wrote a handful of topics down in my little blue notebook last night as I was trying to clear a Pokerroom.com bonus--which is nigh impossible when playing .25c/.50c NL, by the way--but there's only one that seductively coos in my ear in a brazen attempt to get me to write about her(Weird, now that I read that again, it's oddly Drizz-like). Well, I am sucker for the ladies.

The following phrases need to die;

"In the long run..."

"I know I want my opponent risking his whole stack on a four outer because things will even out..."

Why should they die? Because for most of us, it's bullshit. Yes, bullshit.

In a perfect world, everyone would have a $1million dollar bankroll necessary to survive the swings. We'd all be able to play at a certain level without fear of going bust, or that an extended valley inbetween winning peaks would destroy us. Of course, if I had a million dollars, I'd be nibbling on unborn beluga babies, drinking the finest imported beers and doing two chicks at the same time, so I wouldn't need to play poker.

But it's not perfect. And I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm always under-rolled, and that I'll probably never reach the long run. Most people playing poker right now won't, either. We won't hit that point where, statistically, everything "evens out". Sad, but true. Not sad as in "my puppy just spontaneously combusted" sad, but more like "grandma's eating out of the garbarge again" sad.

But just how long is, the long run, you ask? 100,000 hands? 200,000? 1,000,000? There's never a definite answer, and that's always bothered me. I've got close to 100,000 hands logged in my PokerTracker database and many more that are lost forever, but from everything I've read, that's just a drop in the proverbial bucket of the number of hands needed to in order to make the distinction between a winning player, and a troglodytic, mouth-breathing, sodomite.

Granted, those people calling all-ins with 4 outs will go broke eventually. If they keep playing that way, of course. Or, maybe they don't make it a habit of drawing to that gutshot, either. Who knows.

What do I think?

As is the answer to every poker query; it fucking depends(on if I'm the one taking it in the ass, or not).

Edit:I may be out of the loop on this, but can anyone tell me what this shit is?

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Plllllllllay at Doyle's Room.

Pam Anderson's titties love it!!!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Man, just look at all those high profile blogs they have listed as members!

I'm out of the loop too, and still ain't sure whether a 5 card run beats a 5 card suited hand.

Sucks to have to start all over somewhere other than the One2many, but on the bright side, now there is somebody that posts even less than you do!

ZING!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home