Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Last night while pouring through the PokerTracker forums, I was thrilled--nay, piss my pants giddy--to see that the Tribeca network was in the Beta version of being supported. That's right, Doyle's room now has PokerTracker support.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeal!

I spent probably close to 3 hours trying to find where I'd stashed all my old Doyle's Room hand histories, and after I got everything loaded into PT, I wish that I hadn't. Talk about sad, sad stats.

Dating back to May of last year, I logged nearly 40k hands, mostly 6 max, at Doyle's room. And what have I learned? That I'm a winning player, but I'm a sucky winning player. My winrate was so small I needed a 10x superdouble magnifying glass to see the profit. It's become obvious to me that the few tourney scores that I had, well, that's what made my year better than break-even, not the ring games.

If there's one thing I can take from this, it's that I play the blinds like shit. In every other position on the table, the stats were a pretty color of chartreuse--that's right, I said chartreuse--but both the SB and BB were a nice, healthy shade of scarlet. This isn't the PGA, though, and red numbers are bad.

Had I just folded everytime the blinds came to me, I would've been a few thousand ahead. That is, if I was reading the stats right, and I'm pretty sure I was spot-on.

Does that make anyone else nauseous? No, just me? PUKE.

Regardless of how bad of a poker player I am, not even looking at the mediocre streak that I'm on right now, there's always something that makes me feel better. No, I haven't been tripping cripples again. And nay, I haven't been stealing cut tennis balls from the bottom of grandma's walker again(though that is hilarious). What turned my frown upside-down?

These two posts on 2+2.

Scroll through both and tell me you don't smile at least once at the plight of others, and I'll punch you in the groin and call you a liar. How can you not laugh at a -600BB downswing? In one month.

I can't even imagine, nor would I like to.

3 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Klopzi said...

Nothing wrong with a mediocre streak. Hell, I'm gonna ride my mediocre streak all the way to the WSOP. It's just gonna take me 20 or so years to build up the bankroll for the buy-in.

And good luck with Doyle's Room. I'm an Interpoker-type guy myself, but to each his own. It's funny how you tend to stick with the site that treated the best early on...

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I wonder if that's Lord Geznikor's graph.

Nice to see you were able to post something twice in a whole weeks time. Maybe getting off your ass and entertaining me is finally becoming a priority. Bout time.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I need more entertainment BEFORE 2am Mr. Ramarama!!

You caught me logging off the other night after a 2 hour session of Yahoo Euchre!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home