Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006



I download Poker Patterns a few weeks ago, and even if I blink and rub my eyes, I can't believe what I'm seeing here. This graph highlights my craptacular play at low-limit NL games on Full Tilt since the beginning of February. The first thing you'll notice is that I've played almost 9K hands in 14 days. That's a shitload for me. The second thing you'll notice is that I suck. No, seriously, I suck.

Of course this graph doesn't detail the money I've lost playing Tier One SNGs, plain SNGs or MTT's either. Oof-dah.

Right after I returned from Vegas about 3 weeks, I devised a plan (because "devised" sounds loftier than "durrrr, I plannded") to dig through my PokerTracker in order to find out my major leaks. And I found a huge leak; my blind play. Huge leak. But apparently that's not my only one, and it'll be no time at all before I run out of toes and fingers to shore up this dyke. Don't be surprised when I ask one of y'all to unbuckle my pants, because once I find out where poker's ear is, I'm going to fuck it. Right in the ear.

All in all, I haven't lost that much money, but when I saw the upsweep like I did between hands 5.7k and 7.3k, I thought I was on the right track to rebuilding a bankroll. Silly me.

I was at the bar on Sunday night--my normal Sunday night bar--talking with one of the bartenders that decided to belly up after his shift was over. He asked what I did besides drink, and of course I responded with "Play a lot of poker. A lot", and he responded "Oh? What sites?".

I was surprised to find that not only does he play on Stars and Full Tilt, but he digs through 2+2 and Pocket Fives on a pretty consistent basis. G-Vegas has their overabundance of home games, and LA has Murderer's Row. Here in Minneapolis, we have nothing. No, no, you don't need to cry for me. I've done enough of that for all 4 of us. Not counting Drizz and I, it's tough to find people around these parts that take the game even halfway serious.

And my half-seriousness is seriously questionable.

The one thing the bartender said that made me feel not so bad about myself, is that he's terrible at bankroll management. Hey, at least I'm not the only one!

11 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger TenMile said...

Aren't there several of you guys up there now? And three or four even carry along blogs.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

There's Drizz, Chris Halverson and I, but Chris doesn't play that much anymore. I thought that I found another MN poker blog not that long ago, but I'm not sure where I placed it.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Speaking as a Minneapolisian (ite? er?), I take the game pretty damn seriously. I'd love to get a Midwest Murderer's Row going at some point.

What's your bar of choice in our fair Cities??

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

30$/60$?

Please tell me you took all of Juanda's money.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Dude, there's no way I'm playing $30/$60! There's a 'select all' option , and I'm just too lazy to go through and select each, MUCH LOWER, limit I play at.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Bloody P-

I'm embarrassed to say that, on Sundays, I frequent Drink in Uptown. YEEK!

Not normally my bar of choice, but the drinks are cheap on Sundays, and the bartenders are good to me. That's key. =]

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

How VERY posh. Just kidding.

I'm more of a NE bar kinda guy. Grumpy's, Jimmy's, NE Palace, etc. Where the beer is cold, cheap, and you have a 40/60 chance of getting clocked in the head with a chair at some point in the evening.

Well, if you and Drizz and whoever get a game together, feel free to shoot me an email. I'd love to donate some money to you guys.

BP

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

What's a "bankroll"???

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Bob-

Hell-if-I-know. I hear other people talking about it, and I just wanted to fit in by having one. I'm so lame.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a bankroll that I'm a nit with. At least now I'm taking regular shots at the $200 and $400 buy in games.

As for the home games... Deal me in, my only problem is transportation since I can't drive.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Apparently, you didn't see me type a message at you during the FT PLO MTT. Next time, I'll type "I just fell and threw my beer in my own face." Perhaps that'll get a reaction from ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home