Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Monday, October 24, 2005

With the addition of the Deep Stacks, 20 table tourneys and the 6-max tourneys, it almost seems that Pokerstars is trying to get me into bed. Believe me, I'm this close. It's almost as if they actually want my business. All they need to do is add free booze to their site and off come the pants. Just say the word, Lee. Just say the word.

Even though they're going to take so much more time, I'm going to sit down(hopefully) in one of the Deep Stacks tourneys later this week. It just sucks that the PLO tourney is on a Tuesday night, and Tuesday night is a bar night.

Dear PLO,

I am a big fan, but please stop with that whole "behind when you're really ahead" shit. I can't take it.

Forever clutching his crotch in your presence,

Chad


All things said, this weekend was good to me, poker-wise. After losing out pretty damn early to an old lady in a motorized cart (I never even saw it comin'!) in the morning PLO tourney on Stars, I wisely decided to enter another that night with The Princess and CJ.

15th/600 or so isn't anything to scoff at, but I'm still not happy with a few things. For one, CJ outlasted me by a few spots, and that's just not right. And second, the nature by which I was knocked out, well, even two days later it still blows. Runner-runner club flushes happen all the time, but that doesn't mean that I have to like them happening to me.

At least the guy that knocked me out won the damn thing. And I can always be happy in the "move" I made on CJ--I was holding top and bottom pair and check-raised him all in on an all heart board. I figured he didn't have two hearts in the hole(I held the ace of hearts, so if he did, I figured he might lay down a non-nut flush for a large portion of his stack).

In truthitude, I thought my two-pair was good, only to find out in the Yahoo! chat that he laid down a set. I am a PLO GOD.

I don't even want to talk about the Blogger Championship yesterday, but I will whine for a bit.

Pokerstars,

Are you serious? Get the fuck out. AKo is not supposed to lose to 49o in the form of a runner-runner crub frucking frush.

Disgusted by the variance,

"No nut" Chad.


But hey, at least I'm the 419th best blogging poker player in the world!. Let's see Bobby Bracelet say that!

Oh.

Nevermind.

4 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Pinky said...

I'm definately up for playing some PLO tournies with you guys once I'm back online at home. I think I added you to YIM on Sunday, but if not, I go by the_pinkmeister.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Not everyone can be Top 30 in the World.

Someday your time will come.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I will be entering more PLO tournies.

I need a better strategy though because my limp-bleeding chips approach just wasn't getting it done.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Drizz-

I LOVE the limp-n-bleed strategy! That's my M.O. Once you get shortstacked, potpotpot and pray. That's how I got as far as I did in that Saturday tourney.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home