Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I have a large post sitting, stalled, on my home computer that I've been working on for the past few days. I've decided to title it "Why Chad Will Never Be a Winning Player".

Sounds harsh, I know, but if I continue fucking around in this one, absolutely necessary facet of the game, I'll never be able to move up, to take shots, or improve. Simple as that. Two years from now, I'll still be considering the $1/2NL game to be out of my comfort zone, and that makes me sad. Not in a "grandma's scooter just crashed into a school bus full of cripples" sort of sad. More pathetic than sad, I guess.

So, am I going to give you a little hint? No, you wait.

The past few months I've been on the fence as far as the WPBT event in December goes, but I woke up this morning and thought "Hey, I think I'm gonna go to that shindig". No, really, I used the word "shindig". At least nobody was around to hear it. Even if I don't have a much of a bankroll to toy with, it will be worth it to just to show up and drink with the lot of you. And honestly, I played far too much poker in June, to the point that the vacation became much more work that it should've been.

Even though I did well, well enough to take some shots out of my normal bankroll zone later in the weekend and even bankroll a buddy in the small NL game, by the time I got home, I didn't feel that I accomplished anything with the dog-chasing-a-fly mentality.

Gotta get the fly, get the fly, get the fly, not gonna stop until I catch it...

As it is, I have two months to attempt to get make enough money to not only get to Vegas, but have fun while there. Consider this your warning.

This game wouldn't mean much to me without the comaraderie and friendships I've made over the few years I've been playing, and to let all of that lapse, well, that would be a downright shame.

4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

$10 free no deposit needed and 40% bonus on first deposit

$10 free

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Awwwww, I think I felt a tear generating deep inside my eye socket somewhere.

I did what I always do when I feel a tear coming on though, I squashed that bitch with the quickness of a cheetah.

Crying is for pansies...

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Exactly.

Hugs all around. Manly ones.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't expect me to give you a reach-around though.

Email me if you still need a room, but I have a feeling enough fish at Doyle's will pay of your own room.

If they don't... I'm not beyond receiving bribes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home