Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

You can keep your pocket aces in Hold 'em. Pure rubbish. Go ahead, love your rolled up aces in 7-stud like your plane is going down. I don't care what you say, this is by far the prettiest starting hand in all of poker. And it was all mine! Mwahahahahhahahahha.

Jinkies. Or was it Zoinks?

As you can see by the picture above, I was stupid enough to heed the call of The Bob for a limit O8 tourney last night at 10:15pm. Joanne was silly enough to come along for the ride, too. See her in the bottom left hand corner? It would be so much easier on all the sweaters if Stars would put as many playing bloggers on the same table as possible. But do they do that? Well, in this case, yes. Drizz only had to have one table open when I was moved to Joanne's table.

Yeah, limit O8? So damn boring it almost made me cry. Then again puppies make me cry. Also when there's an underdog team in a movie that wins a championship, that also makes me cry. If those Hollywood type people every made a movie about a team full of ragtag, unloved puppy baseball players, well, I'd be a downright mess.

I like limit ring games, but limit tournaments just don't do it for me. I suppose I could've had something to do with being only dealt 9's and 8's when the first card into my hand was an ace. I don't know O/8 all that well, but I know that hand is unplayable. Another reason I wasn't all that enthused by this tournament was due to the knowledge that I'd be able to start it, but not finish it as I had The Girl coming over after she got done with work.

And then she has the nerve to show up and say "I can entertain myself, go ahead and finish your tournament". How dare she? Luckily enough for me, I had just fivetupled up the hand right before she said that. Sucker.

An hour and a half later, right about 12:30am, all I wanted to do was go to bed. I didn't care about cashing, because I knew once we made the money, I wouldn't want to stop until I made the final table. I didn't even care about winning, but the damn RNG wouldn't let me lose! My high-water mark was right around T13,000, and I know I was in the top 15 with three to the bubble. I felt confident I was going to make the money, no problem.

4 hands later I was out of the tournament in 29th.

3 hands earlier I was dealt AKKA. Suffice it to say, I completely overplayed it and lost the high to(I think) the eventual winner's two pair, 4's and 2's. What a fun way to cripple myself! Much more fun than stepping out in front of a modified Lark, that's for sure.

So, what else? Lemme see...

I "cashed" in a WCOOP FPP PLO satellite last Friday, and I have one word for the level of play in the tournament: gooey.

What do you mean I don't have the straight? I have the queen in my hand! See? Eight-nine-ten-jack on the board, and my queen on top of that. I win, right? Right?

No, sir, you lose in everything, including life.

I won more chips off of other's sheer stupidity than my own gifted play or an exceptional rush of cards. I'll take it! My goal for the next month or so is to play in more of these and see where my FPP's take me. Right now, I don't have squat.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LO8 is the ultimate sit and wait game.

Bet the nuts and people will call.

Every.

Time.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

A rare post... well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home