Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mom,

Seeing as how all my friends are jumping off a bridge, I might as well jump, too.

Chad.


I arrive in Vegas at 10 in the morning, Thursday June 2nd. Who knew that there was a 10 am, too? The first thing I plan on accomplishing after dropping off my bags at the Imperial Palace, is to sit at a NL table with a low, capped buy-in. $100 would suit me just fine. The main reason I want to tackle this micro-behemoth right away is because I'd rather not sit in a NL game after I start seriously drinking for the weekend. Things don't always go as planned, so the serious drinking might begin on the plane, all depending on the stink of the person next to me. Heavy stink equals heavy drinking.

So, my question is this: When does everybody else get in? As of right now, my Thursday is wide open. Sit at a NL table with me, because I sure can't play 'em at Canterbury!

Friday is jammed packed with sweating hollering at the bloggers in the WSOP, and storming the castle. Saturday starts with me arriving in a Hellmuthian fashion long after the start of the WPBT tourney at the Alladin--there's that 10am again--followed by a long nap, and immediately followed by the after party. Let's face it, that after party is going all night whether we want it to, or not.

You're right, we all want it to.

Yeah, I need contact numbers for Vegas, because as of right now, I have none. I'd like to be able to hang out with bloggers before Saturday or without having to randomly run into them, and there's this new hip new invention called a "cell phone" that could really use our help in making it more popular. So, drop me a number/email/love note to: chadhoyne [at] hotmail [dot] com.

Gi' me yo digits, foo'! FITTY CENT HOLLA!




12 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger BG said...

Your best bet? Get thee to the Plaza! That's where a bunch of us are staying (or at the neighboring LV Club). I would suggest that's a good option, and if you send me an email (bg at gamblingblues dot com), I'll get you Bob's cell number, as I don't own one.

Oh, and we'll be in around Midnight Thursday.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

I'm at the plaza - and just emailed you my contact info :) Arriving Friday night, through Monday night.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger April said...

I get in Thursday night. Point me to a table and beer and I am all game.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I get in Wednesday night, so I'll be around on Thursday, chaddy cakes :D


But I asked first ;)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

I'm getting in Thursday afternoon/early evening.....

....I think we should get a schedule of events going on the WPBT website. Maybe "meeting points" where small groups can get together at certain particular times.....

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Easycure-

That would be a great idea...if nobody drank booze the entire weekend!

It would be like the episode of The Simpsons where the girl is stuck on the high rings in the abandoned gym.

"Hello? Mrs. Pommelhorse? I'd like to get down now. My arms are hurting..."

All of the bloggers will be drunk, which means that nobody will remember the meet-up point, leaving one, lonely blogger(probably me), sitting at a table, alone, begging somebody to help him down. =)

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Me and the Mrs. arrive about 1:45pm on Thursday.

I may try to check out the Rio to see if there's a single table satellite for event #2. Otherwise I'll be doing touristy things on Thursday such that Friday and Saturday can be devoted to debauchery.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Sending my celly by way of email in a quick minute.

Word.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thursday for me is with the missus most likely. I'm game for most of the day Friday and all-day Saturday :)

If you want to hit up a fairly soft game... go right next door to Harrah's. Nice enclosed poker room, you buy in for $120 at the $1/$2 NL table.

I'll probably have my wife's cell phone if she's kind enough to let me use it, I'll get you the phone number if you don't already have it.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Thursday afternoon (let's say 2-ish) for me and I'm at The Plaza.

I'll send along my info.

Since I probbly have to get some sleep Thursday night, I plan to start drinking early and often, which would make me an excellent person to play NL against.

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger StB said...

I am staying at the Imperial as well, but not arriving until about 8 in the evening. I shoot an email out.

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need to find a blogger...go to the Plaza...ton of us there.

If you need my cell...drop me an e-mail.

morganrose_2000 @ yahoo . com

G-Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home