Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Are you ready for the hottest poker with the hottest players?

No, I'm not. I want play against lazy shlubs wearing BVD t-shirts worn thin from years of overuse and pepperoni stains not only on the front and back, but on the inside, too. I don't want to play with "hot" people. I want to play people like me. The worst thing is that The Crews pokerroom is part of Doyle Bruson Poker Network. And I had respect for Doyle Brunson Poker Network. Now, I'm confused, hurt, lost...why would someone do this to me? WHY?

Oh, and anyone that uses a Splash as a site opening should be shot. Not pretty, worthless. Nobody sticks around to see the Splash page. Just get me to the damn site so I can click around all willynilly. I don't need to see words scroll by, or butterflies morph into anything not a butterfly.

Damn, I need a beer.

Edit:
  • After posting this, I realized that I might be harshly prejudging Scott Fischman's new pokerroom. So, I downloaded the software, and it was just as I suspected: It's Doyle's Room. Same players, same tables, same exact tournaments, different table graphics.




  • I, uh, don't know if you can see it clearly in this picture, but those are indeed boxes of pizza, and what looks like cases of Mountain Dew sitting around the outskirts of the table. Wrong, that's just wrong.

    6 Comments:

    At 11:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

    I was going to download Doyle's Room to whore up the free Super System 2, but after seeing the interface I don't know if I could stand it.

     
    At 12:11 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

    Drizz-

    The Doyle's Room interface is a little prettier than the picture I posted of TheFishTank. It's a lot...classier, I suppose I could say. I don't like many interfaces out there, but I do like Doyle's Room.

     
    At 8:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

    How's the cash out timing there? I might ditch Absolute (again) and dump some cash in Doyle's for the book.

     
    At 8:34 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

    The first time you cash out it takes about a week. Now it only takes me a few hours before the money is in my Neteller account. And the book is definitely worth it.

     
    At 4:07 PM, Blogger Mourn said...

    Do it for the book and the horrible players. The upside of The Crew whoring people onto the network is that they are going to be wannabe Fishmans and Jungbluts. That can't be a bad thing, the players at Doyle's already suck.

     
    At 11:18 AM, Blogger atlien said...

    All they need now is some ashtrays, and a bong or two lying around and it would be a "crew" home game.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home