Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hey you-

It's early, and I'm sure you're still asleep. In a few moments, I plan on waking you by running my fingers over your entire body, but for now, I'll let you sleep. I'm up because I have things that needed to be said. The words have been spinning around in my head, like a wave crashing into a hidden beach; rolling over the shoreline, retreating, and returning to land more forceful than before. If I don't get them out now, I fear that I'll never be able to adequately explain how I feel.

I suppose I'll just get to it. Like a band-aid--the quicker the better, huh?

I love you.

There, I said it. I love you. And I have since the first time I saw you. I'm sorry, but I can't help myself. And if that makes me crazy, well, I don't ever want to be sane. You're impossible not to love.

I love the way your face lights up when I enter the room, making me feel like the most important person on earth. I love the way you purr, almost inaudibly, as I caress your smooth, sun-kissed cheeks. Most people wouldn't be able to hear it, but I can. I know.

I'm not used to this feeling, to be quite honest. I'm not afraid of it, though. I want to show you off to my friends; they'll be jealous of us. I want to introduce you to my mom; she'll be overjoyed that I finally found someone that makes her baby boy happy. I want to tell every stranger I meet just exactly what you mean to me; they'll look at me like I'm loony.

I imagine a day when you and I will be able to travel to far away places together. I'm not sure where just yet, but possibly to the Emerald Isle to show you why I love the country so much. That sounds good. I'll be driving, and you'll be sitting shotgun, and we'll both be filling the car with our voices. Yours, on-key, and mine, so far from it. That's ok, though, I realize I couldn't hit a note if you gave me a hammer and a pile of sheet music. I know that you don't judge me.

Or, it could be somewhere entirely new, like the mountains of New Zealand, or the Gold Coast of Australia. It doesn't matter, as long as it's with you.

God, I love your uncanny, encyclopedia-like knowledge of music. It's been a long time since anyone's been able to teach me anything, that I was starting to believe it impossible. But I know there's a lot for me to learn, and I don't want to miss out on even one second of that time.

You're not like the others. You're feminine, yet strong and I don't doubt your ability to make me happy. I know we've only known each other for a short time, and my feelings might seem a little sudden, but I knew from the first time I laid eyes on you that I'd never be satisfied until you were mine. And now that you are, the possibilities seem almost infinite.

We could be the greatest couple ever in the history of couples. I love you, and I don't care who knows it.

Now if only I could find a way to fuck your USB port, or mini-plug hole, we'd be golden, Golden, I say!

Ok, it's time to wake you up so you can sing to me.

5 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ack, where's Chad at? I think I just read an Oprah book-of-the-month excerpt.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

Oy, what a sap. Get back to the poker, pretty boy.

LOL :)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Including a picture of the USB port that you'd like to make sweet love to, is classic. Nice job!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Shit, Chad, that's the funniest thing I've read in a long, long time. I'm short of breath and my face is buzzing from the lack of oxygen in my blood.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger TenMile said...

Which tournament was it you won. Oh, you forgot to say. Sorry, thought I had missed that.

LMAO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home