Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Fine, fine, you want poker content, do ya? I'll see what I can do. I haven't been playing as much as should lately, what with the WPBT coming up in June. It's official now, a buddy and I are flying in early Thursday morning(what do you mean there's also an 8am?) and flying out early Monday evening. I know I said it was official before, but we bought the actual tickets last night, so I guess you could say that it's super happy fun official now. We're staying at the Imperial Palace. Anyone else staying close to there?

I'm now playing almost exclusively no-limit again, even after my one month stint as a limit player. I like the little intracacies of limit poker, but I have much more fun playing no-limit. Simple as that. The problem lies in that I've never read any material on No-Limit Theory, and I suspect that it's costing me money by keeping my Pansy Factor high. The Pansy Factor is when you know the correct move, and you know that you need to make the move, but you wuss out. You pansy.

I'm only a handful of pages into The Bible, and I can already tell it's going to valuable. But, I have a few problems with it.

1-There are far too many bolds and italics. I'm a slow reader, and an overabundance of font that's meant to emphasize makes the reading tough for me. Everytime I hit one, I slow...way....down. It's like if the fat kid in high school decided to run the steeplechase. He's running along-running-running-running. He's not making bad time right now because he's got everything in motion and there's nothing in his way. Whoops, here comes the first steeple, and...it's....pant...grunt...hard to...get over. Wheeeeeeeze.

Oh yeah, and the kid has asthma, too.

They could've done without the emphasis every 6th word. Every 7th is perfect.

2-I know that aggression is very important in this game. I goddamn-diddly know this. But, am I really supposed to be pushing my entire stack in when I'm only drawing to a few outs? I understand the theory behind this, and there's more to the scenario, but it seems tough for almost anybody to get to the point where they're pulling the trigger comfortably. Eh, what do I know?

I guess that's less of a complaint about the book, and more of realization that I've got so much to learn. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Playing aggressively should help you build that bankroll

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Drizz-
I couldn't get by the 2nd word in your reply to get to what you're actually trying to say. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home