Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Can anyone guess where I'll be exactly three months from now?

Wait for it. Wait for it.

Las Vegas!

Ladies, the line forms to the right. No pushing, there will be plenty of time for each and every one of you. I said: NO PUSHING!

Men, go ahead and be jealous. Really, it's ok. I know that you all want to live vicariously through me, what with all the sitting by the pool with a cold beer I'll be doing, and a bevy of beautiful women that are bound to be at my beck and call. See what I mean by saying that you should be jealous? You'd never be able to use alliteration like that! Oh, and not to mention the fat bankroll I'm going to be sportin'. You'd be a shlub if you weren't jealous.

Wait, what did you say? Stop the train! Repeat that.

You're going to be in Vegas at the same time? That's odd. Oh come on, how can your beer be colder than mine? That's downright ludicrous. Yes, I know that the women are really my guy friends that are much more apt to burp and fart rather than bring me a beer, but that counts for something, right? RIGHT? And that much fatter bankroll you're sitting on--I can see all the one dollar bills sloppily tucked under the 3 20's. I know that ruse. I invented that ruse!

Ah shit, just let me buy you a drink while we're there, and we'll call it even.
[end dream sequence]

You heard it here first--1/3 of the Minnesota Poker Blogger contingent has officially tossed his hat into the WPBT ring in a very manly manner. Part of me is excited, part of me is a little bit scared--that part being my liver--and a third, much larger part realizes that Etch-a-Sketch Effect is going to be in full effect.

Never heard of the Etch-a-Sketch Effect? Well, it's a good thing I'm here to clue you in. Otherwise you'd be, well, clueless.

When I drink, my brain is eerily similar to an Etch-a-Sketch. Etch-a-Sketch-esque, if you will. I have never in my life blacked-out due to drinking. But, there's the Etch-a-Sketch; I'm perfectly fine when I'm upright and the picture will undoubtedly stay put. But the minute you lay me down or flip me over, everything that's been accumulated so far in the night is mostly erased. I still have bits and pieces, but they don't add up to make the Mona Lisa.

I'd like to think that I just won't sleep while I'm in Vegas, but there's only so much Red Bull and coffee one central nervous system can take, not to mention the number they can do on one's gastrointestinal tract.

I think I need to hire someone to take notes for me.

Speaking of notes, I made a withdrawal of part of Doyle's Room bankroll to fund this trip, and I intend to use other winnings to beef up the bankroll a little. I know that Pauly says that $1000 is a good per day budget, but I don't think that I'll come anywhere near spending that. If I can scrounge up $1500 for the whole trip, I should be good. At least I have 3 months to do that, so it shouldn't be a problem.

9 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Crap, Chris, I didn't want to start out the trip in last place. That's for after the tournament.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

$1500 by June... I guess I'll need to stay away from Chris' SnGs if he wants to have enough for the trip :D

I'm going with/without the wife that's the only thing not set. As for drinking and blacking out... I have no comments and will save the stories for Vegas ;)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Do airlines fly into Minnesota, or will you have to drive to a cool state like Michigan to fly out?

Glad you are all coming, the more people we can spread the Soco amongst, the better.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

Nice, don't forget to bring Jerry Lundegaard with ya!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Perhaps a friendly little South Carolina vs. Minnesota wager?

Drizz, CDH, and Chad vs.
BadBlood, Otis, and G-Rob?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

"Ladies, the line forms to the right. No pushing, there will be plenty of time for each and every one of you. I said: NO PUSHING!"

Come sit by me, Chad. I can make that wet dream go limp inside of 30 seconds. ;)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Perhaps a friendly little South Carolina vs. Minnesota wager?

Drizz, CDH, and Chad vs.
BadBlood, Otis, and G-Rob"

As long as I'm not Halverson's table we'd be ok :P

Name the stakes and rules, I'm in.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

I'm thinking something friendly, like a last longer bet in the WPBT.

$10 a head? Winner gets to proclaim their state superior to the other :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home