Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Blogs at bars

You've got to respect the Bacon Brothers, but that doesn't mean that I have to like what they put out.

This is my first installment of what I'd like to call "Blogs at Bars". This weekend I found out that my favorite bar is now offering free WiFi internet access, which in this city, is unheard of. I'm going to come here alone anyhow, so I might as well bring my laptop and see what transpires, right?

So far tonight, I've had the following conversations regarding my online poker playing at the bar;

1--"So, what, are you playing that Texas Longhorn?"

I am not kidding. And immediately after that, he introduced me to his friend as "the guy from Texas". The closest I've been to Texas is the few times that I flew over it on the way to Mexico. For all I know, I could've been above Arizona. It all looks the same from the 30,000 ft.

2-" Is that Party Poker?"

Anyone that's ever played at Party Poker immediately recognizes it. I was not playing at Party, though. I was at Doyle's. They look nothing alike. He then followed up my site assessment by saying that he plays at Party, and had recently had a run at 15/30.

Bullshit. No fucking way. There is no way this guy has ever played 15/30. Not even if God Himself came down from the Heavens and said that he was telling the truth would I believe him.

You wouldn't think that I could possibly, ever be up for the night when I'm sitting at a bar, but I am. Pretty easy way to make a booze fund, if you ask me. I want to write more, but I'm going to enjoy this Blue Moon and the $125 full-house suck-outs I was just blessed with.

Drink all around!

1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Blogs at bars, love it :) I should try taking my laptop to the local sports bar. They have wifi - and I think it's free. And damn are their burgers good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home