Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I just thought of something--My screen name at Stars is "Donegal", which is a tiny town on Ireland's west coast, and a town that I spent a fair amount of time in a few years back. I'm no phonetician, but if you were to sound it out, it would look something like this: "Don-eh-gahl". When I created the account, I tried to think of a name that meant something to me, was without numbers and fairly original. Well, I was impatient and came up with the above. That's all well and good, until I looked at it today.

Done Gal.

That's the lamest thing I've ever read. Now I've been lumped in with all the "JohnnyWad69's" and "2big4U's" of the online poker world. Great. And the sad thing is, I didn't even realize it until a coworker pointed it out to me. It was always Donegal. Donegal, damn it. What was I thinking? I might as well have used SlappyMcTickleNuts. They're equally stupid.

More to post later, I'm sure.

5 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger lumpy said...

That SlappyMcTickleNuts is hilarious, well done.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Maudie said...

lol- I read it as you intended - as the Irish pronunciation... that makes me smart, right? 8^)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger hdouble said...

Speaking of Donegals... I found this film (http://www.aspyr.com/dvd.php/grbd/) because my favorite band does the soundtrack. You HAVE to get it, it's all about the Donegal beard, and quite funny.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

SlappyMcTickleNuts

ROFL! Oh the tears, make them stop!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Ditto JasonSpaceman, lumpy, and Shelly. You funny guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home