Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Issue #1- Does anyone else have problems with PokerTracker hogging memory, so much so that everything bogs down when it's updating? Both Party tables slow down so much that I'll visually lose pieces of the current hands being played and they'll look like they're running at about 10FPS. It's no fun to play when it's so choppy. I can't even run PT and Party simultaneously--I just load all my hand histories after my session is complete. So much for "real-time". And yes, I've already compacted the database enough that it resembles smooshed ball of Wonder bread. My laptop is only a year old, and shouldn't be having this problem. I only have 15,000 hands and 5,000 people in it. There's got to be people that have PT databases that are 20 times that much, right?

Issue#2- I can't get either Gametime+ or Playerview to work on my laptop. It seems that most people don't have a problem with getting either of them to work right off the bat, but I am not one of those people. Has anyone else had "missing entry point" errors? Looks like I'm going to have to ask add-on creators for help, but I'm impatient.

I think more than anything, I just need to wipe my hard drive clean and start from scratch, but I don't want to do that until I get my new computer. Do I need that new computer I just purchased last night? No, but it sure will be nice to have a decent desktop and a laptop. Oh yeah, and a monitor that I can multi-table on without overlap, and run a tv tuner on at the same time. What can I say? I think I have adult-onset ADD.

Blogger tables:
I have no idea what people mean when the describe the Blogger tables as being "-EV". They're one of the few places that I'm actually a winning player! I'm not quite sure what to make of that, though. What do you mean 3 sessions doesn't make me a winning player? That's preposterous! POPPYCOCK! Outside of sucking out with my trip 10's river a full house over someone else's flopped straight, I don't think I've taken too much money off the bloggers. On the flipside, I don't think they've taken too much off of me.

I'd like to think that those tables are neither plus or minus EV for me, and that I'm just playing them for fun. It's a lot of waiting around for an unsuspecting non-blogger to mess up and then pounce, but with more sharks at the table than normal, it's tough to get a piece of the carrion. Only playing with all of you for a week has upped my aggression level, no doubt, and hopefully I'm migrating more towards the tight-aggressive end of the player gradient, and far, far away from tight-passive. While being tight has been an attribute I like and undoubtedly want to retain, it does me no good if I'm easily moved off the best hand time and time again.

Does anyone have data on me and be willing to share what it says? Not that it'll be all that representative of my play overall, because I'm sure most sample sizes are pretty small, but I'm just curious what most people have me listed as. Or, even if you don't have a ton of data, just any impressions of my play as a whole? Am I transparent? Am I really easy to put on a hand?

For example, I was in a hand a few nights with the The Good Dr. I don't have a hand history right now, but I'll try to recount it the best I can. Hey, I even think I was sober. Pauly open raised in EP to $3
and I, two seats to his left, called with AK. They may have been suited, I don't recall. I think 2 or 3 other called behind me. The flop was seemingly all rags, and it checked around. An Ace came on the turn, Pauly checked, and I checked behind him, partially fearing a check raise, partially hoping that if someone bet out behind me, and if Pauly dropped out, I'd check raise the originally bettor. Maybe I was wrong in my thinking, I don't know. I'm just starting get in the frame of mind where I can think ahead a few turns, depending of a few different sets of circumstances, so it's possible that I was beat a few different ways.

The river came down a 9, no flush or straight draws, and no paired board. Pauly underbet the pot by a few dollars, and I called, while everybody else folded. I paid him off, hoping that he'd had AQ, or AK, but in the back of my mind knowing he had made his two pair or trips on the river. He had trip 9's.

He told me after the hand that if I'd bet the turn, he would've folded without even thinking about it because "PokerTracker doesn't lie!" And I guess this is why I'm wondering what data other people have on me in PT--so that I don't bleed money to random people in the future.

I was going to expound on all of this, but I'm too tired due to last night's session. I need coffee and food badly before I dive into anything else.


5 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are the stats I have on you in PT:

214 hands played
16.82% VP$IP
29.17% VP$IP (SB)
Won $ WSF: 32.56
Amount won: $14.80
Went to SD: 18.6%
Won at SD: 50%
PF raise: 3.27%

A small sample, sure, but it ought to give you a good idea of how you've played with me. Very tight, but not super aggressive. Also, I show you up double digits against Poker Nerd & Iggy, and up small numbers against everyone else except SirFWALGMan and Helixx (down small agains those two).

How much memory does your laptop have? My desktop system at home only has 256MB and can run PT, GT+ and Party without blinking. What sort of system are you running?

It's been fun playing with you the last couple nights - hope to see you again soon.

- Jason
Catching the Antichrist

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Ah yes, now I remember looking back at the end of my sessions last night and seeing my VP$IP at 15% and thinking "Damn, I don't even remember playing that much!" I was pretty card dead the whole night. The only hand I remember winning was where someone gave me not one, but two free cards to allow to catch my third queen on the river, giving me a full house, Q's over 10's to their 10's over A's. I should look back through PT to find out who that is, because I'd like to thank them.

As far as aggressiveness, when I first started out it was hovering around .3 overall. Not 1.3--.3. I've gotten that up to near 1.5 except for on the river. I'm a wuss like that.

See, my laptop has 512MB so it should be able to run all that stuff with ease. It's a Dell that overheats pretty easily(faulty heatsink) and I'm sure I've got a ton of random spyware and crap hiding out. I think it's about time to send it back to Dell to replace the heatsink and wipe the HD when I get it back.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

The blogger table is only -EV for fledgling or beginning players. It is very +EV for the best NLHE cash players among us.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Oh yes, the best NLHE cash players, of which I am definitely one. Which is why I'm playing the $25 buy-in tables.

Ahem.

Cough.

=)

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger F-Train said...

Well crap, if I had known you were so tight, I never would have pushed my TT into your QQ last night. ;)

Ah well, another $25 down the drain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home