Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

I'm happy to report that, by Sunday at the very latest, I'll be back on(off?) the wagon again, and employing my two-pronged approach to poker; playing more, and blogging about it. I haven't played for almost two weeks, save for two Stars SNG's I played yesterday, both with mediocre 4th place finishes.

Before the move to our new apartment, our cable was turned off due to non-payment. Apparently, Time Warner requires that to continue service. Who knew? It's not that I couldn't pay my part, I just refused to pick up the roommate's slack-ass again, and let TW shut off our service. And that's the reason I haven't been able to sit down at a virtual table in the last two weeks. It showed, too. In those two SNG's, I had absolutely no aggression. None. And it cost me.

We get our cable hooked up on Saturday, and I wish I could say that our apartment would be complete, but I'd be lying. I hate moving, but this was, by far, the absolute worst move in the history of worst moves. In addition to the horrible weather-it was 40 degress and raining-the apartment wasn't done. We had no hot water, no heat, no kitchen sink(still don't), laundry facilities weren't complete, and honestly, I could list about 15 more things that still aren't finished. Granted, it will be an awesome place, with more room to host bigger poker nights, but the last week has been literally hell. If hell were an unheated apartment located above a gay salon/spa, of course. That's a story for another time, though.

With that being said, I hope to be online Saturday evening before I go out to a bar, ultimately making an ass of myself in front of some marginally attractive women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home