Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Saturday, July 03, 2004

I finally broke down and bought Sklansky's Theory of Poker. Many of the concepts in there are things that I already knew, either through Two Plus Two, or other readings, but it's nice to have all these concepts in one, fairly easily readable book. It's a lot less intimidating than Super System, that's for sure.

I've been spending most of my time on Stars, playing in two table SNG's. In my opinion, they're much looser than the one table SNG's, and the payout is double. With most of the people getting knocked out early, it's essentially just like a one table, only that the top 4 get paid, instead of the top 3. I've yet to win one of these, yet, though. A lot of 2nd and 3rd place finishes. It seems that I make it down to the final 4 fairly regularly, but am so far outchipped that I need to push all-in on any quasi-decent hand I get. I need to learn to turn up my aggression when I still have a fair amount of chips, with the blinds being relatively small.

The one thing I dislike about Stars is their lack of $5 or $10 MTT's. I've sworn off the $1 and $2 MTT's, although they are good for practice, I just don't see the reason to sit around for 4+ hours to win a couple dollars. Unless I win the thing, I'd be better off looking for change on the street. I think I have the ability to play at a higher level, I just don't have the bankroll to do so. Soon, though. Soon.

I had a lot more to write about, but I need to get outside. My ass is going to start getting sores on it if I sit around any longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home