Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Pokerstars

While perusing through various blogs today, I came across someone touting Pokerstars' SNG structure compared to PartyPoker. PP's truly does suck, what with only starting with T800, and all, so I thought I'd check it out. One good thing about PP is that I can't access it through our company firewall. Believe me, that's a good thing. Though our company is really lax in regards to our internet policy, I don't need to pick up more bad slacking habits. I can log on to UB, but that's not so much of a threat because I'm not a fan of their site, so I don't deposit there anymore. Well, it turns out that I can log on to PokerStars. Ruh-roh.

Yes, I know the players on PS are supposedly tougher, and I know that there are fewer players, but I'm already starting to see a few things that I like better than Party. For one, I like the selection of MTT's with ridiculously low buy-ins. Party doesn't have that. Let's say that I wanted to dip my toes into learning more poker games, yah? I can do that with very little investment, which is nice. I could learn from play money tables, but face it, that's about as much fun as peeing into the wind; stupid and pointless. And, it's not really poker. So, chalk one up for Pokerstars.

Another thing that I like-from what I've seen so far-about PokerStars, is that the times of the MTT's fall into when I can play. On Party, they always seem to be retardedly late in the evening, and I just don't have the time, nor the patience to play for 4+ hours at 3am. Point #2 for PS.

Plus, the aesthetics of the site are a little better. Not much, but better, nonetheless. Hmmm...I'm sure I had something else to say comparing the two sites, but the Chipotle I had for lunch is making me vapid and sluggish. "Pray for Mojo..."

I'm not leaving PartyPoker, oh no. Come on, the players there are lower than rotten, but it can't hurt to expand my poker horizons, can it?. Heh, I say that like I'm some PokerDeity, when in reality, I'm just an underling. Sad, really.

Does anyone that's reading this play at PS? If so, can you give me some advice on what games/times are best?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home