Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I'm going to be a stripper!

Poker night has come and gone, and it had good and bad parts to it. Bad for me, because I easily was the big loser of the night. Good for everyone that was playing against me. Not that I thought I was going to break the bank against my friends, but it would've been nice to fare better. Eh, what can you do? I'm just happy that we had 9 people to start, which is 6 more than normal!

The only hand that I think is worth noting could've been the stepping stone to a good night, but it was not to be. Late in the first "tournament" there are 5 people still in, I'm in middle position with two limpers in front of me. I look down to see AJs. Not a monster, but not horrendous hand at this point. We'd started the blinds small, and the rounds longer so that everyone could get some play in, but it was coming to the point where, within 3 levels, I was going to be blinded to nil. We had to do it this way, because in the past ther were problems with the games going far too long, and far too late/early into the night/morning.

So, with the limpers in front, I decided to take a gamble and push. The BB takes about .1 second and calls, and one limper called, too. Gulp. I had both of them outchipped, but this was not a good sign. I got unlucky because the BB woke up to AA. The limper had KQo, I think. Not that it really mattered at that point. This would where you'd normally see the obligatory "IGHN", but considering that all this was taking place at my apartment, it doesn't really apply. I'll just say ICABN; I Crash And Burn Now.

The next hand, being down the felt, I pushed in with 66, only to be outdrawn by someone who called with 84o. Yes, it does hurt typing that out as much as it hurt seeing the 8 on the flop. Believe me.

The rest of the night is just a blur, due to alcohol driven devil/angel on my shoulder dictating my play. The angel plays weak/tight, while the devil plays "Aileen Wuornos"; crazy. It was all for fun, anyhow, so I shouldn't complain.

I was going to write about my Party playing, but I'll save that for another time. Is anybody reading this?

I should take up stripping.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm reading. Keep it up and keep playing poker, lay off the stipping.

Chris H.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

I figured you, of all people, would read. Being a fellow Minnesotan, you're pretty much obligated to read, aren't you? =)

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger whiskeytown said...

no stripping....or I'm gonna kick your ass...

whiskeytown here...another fellow Minnesotan... - you can find my journal at whiskeytown.blogspot.com - and if you're gonna wear your clothes - I'll hook up for your next home game - drop me an email at whiskeytown@gmail.com

pax
RB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home