Pokerama-rama! Now with more beer!

Beer, brewing and poker, with possibly some inane drivel on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I love today.

I started my poker "career" about 8 months ago on Ultimate Bet after seeing something on the Travel Channel about it. Dealing with play money, it was relatively harmless. It didn't take me long to realize that poker is boring without incentive behind it, so I made the smallest deposit possible. I think it took me all of 20 minutes to lose it. I didn't redeposit for about another month, and that money lasted a couple days. Poker bug, I'd like you to meet Chad.

After just randomly happening upon Iggy's (as if I have to link it) blog, I took his advice and migrated over to PartyPoker. I learned the ropes through SNG's because the risk vs. time invested wasn't as great as ring games. I could pay $6, sit for an hour and the most I'd be down in that hour was the initial $6, as opposed to the entire deposit that I'd probably lose in a ring game. Then I gradually moved to ring games because I didn't have to sit for an hour, which, with my super advanced adult ADD(that's right, AAADD), was always tough to do. Something happened yesterday that made me happier than ever to have heeded the PartyPoker call, moreso the Siren's song of raked hands. Sure, it's nice to have the nuts on the river, only have some sucker try to bet you off the pot with lower than low pair, craptacular kicker. I can't argue with that. That's not what made me so giddy, though.

I got home from work to find an odd package from some company in Canadia. "Odd, I don't know anyone from Canada". Strange Brew immediately bombarded my inner monologue, just as someone who hears the mention of Minnesota has Fargospeak pummel theirs. With sweaty hands, I pawed open the package, only to find the most beautiful "free" thing I've ever received.

I know, I know, get to the gettin' already, right? Fine.



Look, it's a scantily clad Shana Hiatt! I don't know about you, but to me, this screams out "Let's try to beat that rake!" Attractive lady, that Shana Hiatt. Yup. Mmmhmmm. PartyPoker.net, and now this? The marketing people over there are genuis. Genuises? Geniuii? Eh, who cares, they're smrt.


Dear Shana,
Anxiously awaiting July.

Chad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home